[Css-csts] Re: FW: Some apparent peculiarities in CSS OIDs

Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Thu Jul 2 13:58:10 UTC 2015

Dear Erik  and Peter,

the points raised by Peter  are valid, but I'd like to stress that what is
presently in SANA w.r.t.  OIDs is still in a draft state

I recap   the steps undertaken so far : the OIDs   were given by the CSTS
WG to the SANA engineer (Blanchet) already a couple of years ago with the
aim of making an initial attempt of registration. At that time  the
discussion was more on the "shape" of the registry,  while the
completeness  of the content was (supposed)  to  be re-assessed . By
"shape"'  I mean that we did want to have the tree structure of OIDs
clearly visible in the Registry. Initially this was not achieved, but
later the content of the Registry has been re-structured, and  the tree
structure is  visible now.
Both branches ( SLE and CSTS) will be completely re-assessed as soon as we
are finished with the CSTS Framework.  In particular, concerning the CSTS
branch, this has changed to a certain extent in the new version of the
Book, and consequently also the OIDs are affected.

Also, we decided to come up with a breakdown between OIDs for CSTS
framework/services, and the published identifiers for Functional Resources
and related elements ( parameters , events, directives). For the latter,
it has been foreseen to associate to each OID all the related information,
in a table-like structure.
The prototype for of "OIDs table"  for Functional
Resources/Parameters/Events can be found at :
 http://beta.sanaregistry.org/r/oid_v2/oid_v2
(this is also in draft form and needs to by updated - more fields will be
added).

Once the  CSTS WG (or  CSS Area) has completed all the updates , we  will
inform Peter . At that time, a thorough review can be done.
Kind regards
Margherita

Margherita di Giulio
Ground Station Back-end Section (HSO-GIB)
European Space Agency ESA/ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5
D-64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel: +49-6151-902779