[Css-csts] Updated Functional Resources for Cross Support Services Technical Note on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Fri Mar 28 12:32:40 EST 2014

Cross Support Services Area colleagues ---
I have uploaded an updated draft version of the Functional Resources for Cross Support Services Technical Note at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS%20Area/CSSA%20Technical%20Notes/FunctionalResources_TechNote-TN-0.03-2014-03-28.docx

Because this technical note is being cited in several CSS Area documents, I have created a public "CSSA Technical Notes" folder under the Area folder on the CWE and place the tech note there.

The main things that have been updated in this draft are:

1.       The definitions of the Functional Resource types now reflect the discussions that Wolfgang & I had in San Antonio;

2.       The Functional Group definitions are now aligned with current thinking; and

3.       The FR types are now properly allocated to the current set of Functional Group specializations.

I have not yet updated the extended Service Management scenario in Section 7 because the update will depend in part on outcomes at the Noordwijkerhout meeting. I plan to complete the update of section 7 following next week's meetings.