[Css-csts] Updated MD-CSTS on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Mar 4 13:23:25 EST 2014

CSTSWG colleagues ---
I have updated the MD-CSTS and uploaded it in a zip file to URL:
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/MonitoredDataCSTS/MonitoredDataCSTS_W-0.18-14-03-04.zip

The zip file also contains a text file containing the ASN.1 Service Object Identifiers module from annex A.

The updates include:

1.       Changes to bring the service specification I line with the latest (February 2014) draft of the CSTS SFW.

2.       Addition of a draft ICS Proforma annex. This ICS Proforma is based on the one that Wolfgang included in the CSTS SFW, but with changes corresponding to suggestions that I have made for changes to consider for the CSTS SFW ICS. It is my understanding that the ICS annexes don't have to be fully correct for Red Book review, only that they be correct by the time that the books are published as blue books. So I have used this opportunity to use the MD-CSTS to illustrate some ideas. When the MD-CSTS is ready for publication as a Blue Book, its ICS Proforma annex will conform to whatever iICS template is in the CSTS SFW at that time.

3.       Addition of the informative Example Functional Resource Type Object Identifier Registry annex. This is the annex that is intended to give an example of the Functional Resource Type definitions that will eventually be found in the SANA registry. Since the SANA Functional Resource Type registry has not yet been established, this annex contains a subset of the FR Type OID and parameter definitions from the most recent version (23 October 2012) of  the Monitored Data Dictionary. As agreed at the San Antonio meeting, the subset consists of  the FR Types that are used in the in the Operational Scenario section of the book.