[Css-csts] RE: prototype udates (new question)

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Jan 30 09:49:22 EST 2014

Francois,
It appears that the ListOfParamEventsDiagnostics in the latest draft Red Book now also returns single values for unknownFunctionalResourceName and unknownFunctionalResourceType.

However, that raises a new question. Previously, the diagnostic 'unknown Functional Resource Type' included the category of errors in which the Functional Resource Type portion of an FR Name or FR Label was unknown. Similarly, the diagnostic 'unknown Functional Resource Name' previously included the category of errors in which the Functional Resource Name portion of a Parameter Name was unknown. Since there can be multiple FR Names or FR Labels in the list-of-parameters, there is the possibility that the list-of-parameters could contain multiple unknown FR Types or multiple unknown FR Names (as parts of the unknown Parameter Names, for which there is not a separate diagnostic).  The new definitions of 'unknown Functional Resource Type' and 'unknown Functional Resource Name' have been narrowed to pertain only to the case where a single Functional Resource Type or Functional Resource Name is used in the list-of-parameters. We seem to have lost the diagnostics to report the errors involving the multiple Parameter Names/Parameter Labels case.

I expect that we will be discussing this in a few minutes.