[Css-csts] Revised Forward Procedures for integration into the Framework

Sylvain Gully Sylvain.Gully at dlr.de
Wed May 8 04:27:22 EDT 2013

Dear Wolfgang,

here my comments about the update of the SimpleDPP and the Buffered DPP:

Simple DPP
------------
- In chapter 2.1.2.2 Concept: the following sentence is not clear to me:
"To enable checking of the ascending order of data-sequence-counter
parameter values in successive PROCESS-DATA invocations, the increment
must be less than the permitted range of the parameter"
I propose following change:
"To enable checking of the ascending order of data-sequence-counter
parameter values in successive PROCESS-DATA invocations, the increment
must be less than the permitted range of the parameter minus the last
PROCESS-DATA data-sequence-counter. In the case where a PROCESS-DATA is
received having a data-sequence-counter lesser than the last received
one, the following wrap around condition has to be cheched:  if the
difference between the last PROCESS DATA data-sequence-counter and the
next received PROCESS DATA data-sequence-counter is bigger than half of
the data-sequence-counter range, a wrap-around condition has occured and
the next received PROCESS-DATA should be accepted."

Look at following example:
last received PD = 120000
next received PD = 1 (because data-sequence-counter range is 120000 as
example)
las received PD - next received PD = 120000 - 1 = 119999 is greather
than 120000 / 2 = 60000 -> next received PD accepted. It is put on the
queue and the next PDs have to be checked against that
data-sequence-counter.

Buffured DPP
---------------
- In req. 1.1.4.2.2.1 Note 2 "...that are queued longer than a
configurable limit." Is the processing-latency-limit meaned there? Than
it should be specified. If not, what is the meaning there?
- In req. 1.1.4.2.2.1 Note 2 "In addition, the Service Provider and will
discard PROCESS-DATA..." I think the "and" has to be deleted there.
- chapter 1.1.6.1 State Table: should we add a Note under the table
explaining the difference between Incoming Events
(ProcessDataInvocation) = only one unbuffered PROCESS-DATA and
(TransferBuffer) = transfer buffer of buffered PROCESS-DATA. I think for
somebody extern to our working group it is not very clear.

Best Regards,
Sylvain

--
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
Raumflugbetrieb und Astronautentraining

Tel.    +49 (8153) 28-2142
Fax     +49 (8153) 28-1456
e-mail  Sylvain.Gully at dlr.de