[Css-csts] RAF errata - "CRC" not used

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Mar 21 09:03:58 EST 2013

Wolfgang and Fabienne -
Since we are in the process of collecting errors in the SLE books, here's another one for RAF: the acronym "CRC" is listed in Definitions from AOS SDLP (section 1.6.1.5), the Index to Definitions (annex C), and the list of Acronyms (annex D), but it is never actually used in the book. Only "FECF" is used. I think that using just "FECF" is okay, since it is the purpose (error correction) and not the algorithm (CRC) that is important for the SLE book, and the referenced documents specify CRC as the algorithm for FECF anyway.