[Css-csts] SLE Issues: open questions

Alan Jeffries alan at jetsi.com
Mon Mar 11 11:17:06 EST 2013

Dear CSTS Group,

I normally do not chime in, but I am working on the JPSS weather satellite
program and we are migrating our T&C and high rate science links to SLE. As
part of this we are moving to provider initiated binds, so we would be
interested in keeping the concept as an option.

May I inquire as to why these were considered for removal.

Best regards, Alan Jeffries

On 3/11/13 3:38 AM, "Martin Karch" <martin.karch at telespazio-vega.de> wrote:

> Dear Working Group members,
>
> We have started to prepare the Pink Sheets for the SLE Books based on the
> problems reported by Wolfgang in his presentation on SLE issues during our
> meeting in Cleveland (see
> http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/SLE%20Services/SLE%20Issu
> es.ppt
> <http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/SLE%20Services/SLE%20Iss
> ues.ppt>  in the CWE).
>
> There are the following 2 open points for clarification:
>
> - removal of the provider initiated BIND from the return services:
>   Do we remove provider initiated BIND or do we keep it?
>
> - how to deal with not yet 'initialised' gettable parameters when the ASN.1 as
> is does not allow the parameter to be set to NULL. (See page 26 on SLE Issues
> presentation).
> We think the cleanest solution would be to implement an ASN.1 change
> introducing a value qualifier. The more pragmatic (less invasive) approach
> would be the use of specific values to flag not yet initialized parameters.
> The decision on this shall be made by the WG.
>
> May I ask you to send me your opinions/decisions on these 2 points above not
> later than 15.03.2013.
>
> Many thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards,
> Martin
>
> ----------------------------
> Martin Karch
> Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH
> Europaplatz 5
> D-64293 Darmstadt
> Germany
> Tel : +49 (0)6151 8257-135
> Fax : +49 (0)6151 8257-799
> Email : Martin.Karch at vega.de <mailto:Martin.Karch at vega.de>
> Web : www.telespazio-vega.de <http://www.telespazio-vega.de>
> Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt,
> HRB 89231; Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Sigmar Keller, John Lewis, Yves
> Constantin
> Notice of Confidentiality
> This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains
> information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged. Unless
> you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee)
> you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else. If you have
> received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.

Alan Jeffries
Jeffries Technology Solutions, Inc
VA Office: +1 703 471 7588
JPSS Office: +1 240 684 0982