[Css-csts] NULL requested GVCID value for ROCF?

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Mar 4 16:46:57 EST 2013

Wolfgang,
The ASN.1 RocfGetParameter type specifies the value component of the parReqGvcId choice as being of type RequestedGvcId. In turn, RequestedGvcId is defined as
RequestedGvcId ::= CHOICE
{ gvcid [0] GvcId
, undefined [1] NULL
}

However, the requestedGvcId parameter of the RocfStartInvocation parameter is cast simply as type GvcId.  I think the RequestedGvcId  type definition is an error - it isn't necessary and the value component of parReqGvcId should be cast as GvcId .

(This is just speculation on my part, but it may have resulted from a confusion with the RequestedTcVcid type, which is used to specify the TC VC that is being monitored and which *can* have a null value (if the OCFs don't contain CLCWs).)