[Css-csts] Re: Definion of Formal Technical Constructs for convention section

Yves.Doat at esa.int Yves.Doat at esa.int
Sun Mar 3 14:11:40 EST 2013

Dear John,
I added your proposed sub-section. It's Ok for me.
Best regards
Yves

From:
John Pietras <john.pietras at gst.com>
To:
"Yves.Doat at esa.int" <Yves.Doat at esa.int>
Cc:
"CCSDS_CSTSWG (css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org)" <css-csts at mailman.ccsds.org>
Date:
11/02/2013 19:01
Subject:
Definion of Formal Technical Constructs for convention section

Yves,
Some time ago we agree to capitalize the initial letters of the names of
formal technical constructs such as Recording Buffer, Transfer Buffer, and
Release Timer in the CSTS SFW to indicate that they have a special formal
meaning. During my review of the (simple) Data Processing and Buffered
Data Processing procedures I identified two terms (input queue and latency
timer) that I thought should be treated the same, but Martin G rightfully
pointed out that there is no written convention in the book. I took the
action to provide you with such a typographical convention for inclusion
in section 1.6.3.3. The difficulty with coming up with such a convention
is in deciding what to call it and how to characterize it. ?normative
mechanisms and data structures? is awkward, but I can?t think of a better
name. If anyone in the WG has a suggestion please let us hear it. In any
case, here?s the convention description:

1.6.3.3.9  Normative Mechanism and Data Structure Names
The names of normative mechanisms and data structures appear with initial
capital letters (e.g., Recording Buffer, Transfer Buffer, Release Timer).
Such mechanisms and data structures have defined roles in the functioning
of operations and procedures.

This message and any attachments are intended for the use of the addressee or addressees only. The unauthorised disclosure, use, dissemination or copying (either in whole or in part) of its content is not permitted. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender and delete it from your system. Emails can be altered and their integrity cannot be guaranteed by the sender.