[Css-csts] RE: #5 BDP (Input Queue size)

Martin Götzelmann martin.goetzelmann at telespazio-vega.de
Wed Apr 17 09:02:05 EDT 2013

Hi Tim,

It is my understanding that what is stated in section 2.1.3.2.6 of the DP procedure is what we had agreed in the teleconference when John's comments on the procedure were discussed. There is no new specification in the BDP procedures as this specification is inherited and not modified. The only alternative would be to just re-state it and this is what we would generally like to avoid.  Therefore in my understanding the BDP procedure delegates the setting of this parameter to a service using the procedure or to a derived procedure. The service may delegate this to service management.

Concerning  section 2.1.3.2.6, the DP procedure is abstract because it does not specify how queue overflow shall be handled. And yes, your interpretation of what that implies is my understanding as well.

Regards, Martin