[Css-csts] Re: Comments on published identifiers, etc.

Yves.Doat at esa.int Yves.Doat at esa.int
Wed May 9 16:43:02 EDT 2012

Dear John,

(I am just working on the updates and your comments arrived just on time).

I have just uploaded to the CWE the following files:
   Annex C: Updated to be in line with our discussions and the teleconference
   from last week.
   "20120506 Object Identifiers - Framework Annex C - After Spring
   meeting.ppt": updated OID presentation to be in line with our discussions
   GET operation
   Notify operation
   Information Query procedure

Please find my answers hereafter:

   I removed the note as when reading the document I considered that sending
   the notification should not allow the 'null' but rather identify the list
   itself. I found cleaner not to use the 'null' capability in the event
   itself.

   From the discussions my understanding is that the 4 events are to be
   created by any new service.
   E.g. in the case of the RAF service, the 4 events are added under the OID
   of the RAF Functional Type (See example in the updated presentation).

   As a consequence of my answer (2), the OID of the identified 4 events
   cannot be defined in the Framework.

   The ASN.1 in annex D has not yet been updated.

   The incorrect cross-reference has been corrected.

   I have not yet updated the Notification procedure. I copied your comment
   in the Framework to be considered by next week.

   This is a valid point which has been overlooked.
   If we give the possibility to transfer events that are not related at all
   to FR, we have to define for those two events a special case. To overcome
   the issue, I propose the same as for the other 4 base events: request any
   new service making use of that procedure to define the OIDs in the FR of
   the corresponding events.
   We have a teleconference tomorrow and we can address that point. Please
   let us know your opinion before that teleconference.

   I updated the tree as discussed in our teleconference with SM to allow
   bilateral agreements.
   Have a look to the newest uploaded files, they should answer to the
   identified needs.
   Please let me know your opinion.

Many thanks for your comments. I appreciated that you had the time to review
the updates.

Best regards
Yves