[Css-csts] Reviewing the CSTS Guideline document - Questions

Sylvain Gully Sylvain.Gully at dlr.de
Thu Mar 22 05:15:26 EST 2012

Hello,

by reviewing the CSTS Guideline document, I found 2 important points
where I need help from the working group to be able to proceed:

- Forward Services: Yves commented out the information about forward
services in the Framework document, but let some titles for the pending
decision (Forward Services in Red Book or not). I wanted to make the
same in the Guideline, but I came into a big problem: most of the
example figures at the beginning of the document uses forward services
operations/procedures. So I would have to remove all forward stuff and
redevelop all graphic examples and invent new ones :( . That's a big
work that will take me much time.
How do we want to handle that? I see only two possibilities:
1) let them here and add some Notes that the forward stuff is not
actually part of the actual standard but is only here for complementarity.
2) put them out and change most of the graphics, but in that case it
will postpone the review of the Guideline for some months. And at the
end if forward is taken into the red book, it will be all for nothing.

- Test Services: at some place in the document I found some remarks from
John about a "weather" test service that has been developped by Yves and
should be put into the document instead of the "dummy" test service in
the annex. Can somebody say me if this "weather" test service is defined
and where I can find the corresponding material?

Regards,
Sylvain

--
Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V.
Raumflugbetrieb und Astronautentraining

Tel.    +49 (8153) 28-2142
Fax     +49 (8153) 28-1456
e-mail  Sylvain.Gully at dlr.de