[Css-csts] SLE API M2 Updates

Martin Götzelmann martin.goetzelmann at vega.de
Thu Aug 2 07:56:24 EDT 2012

Dear Members of the GSTS WG,

I have finally managed to update the SLE API Books to bring them in line with the most recent versions of SLE Transfer Service specifications. I have uploaded the following books for your review to the CWE folder:

Cross Support Services Area (CSS) > Documents > CSS-CSTS > CWE Private > SLE API > Updates 2012 for M2

CCSDS 914.0-M-2 - API Core Specification
CCSDS 915.1-M-2 - RAF API
CCSDS 915.2-M-2 - RCF API
CCSDS 915.5-M-2 - ROCF API
CCSDS 916.1-M-2 - CLTU API
CCSDS 916.3-M-2 - FSP API

The MS Word document "SLE API M2 Changes" in the same folder lists the modifications detected in the most recent SLE books and the changes applied to the SLE API Books.

As nobody suggested that we can drop support for Version 1 of the RAF, RCF, and CLTU services, I have made an attempt to accommodate the complete history. I have struggled  with the different Issues and Versions and the only way out that came to my mind was to invent a third classification, which I called "generation". Have a look at the books and let me know what you think about it - if anybody has a better Idea I will be happy to adopt it.

You will see that for the RAF, RCF, and ROCF books the only change applied are updates to the references and to the section on Applicability. This appears justified because part of the specification is in the Core specification and this has been updated for the increased time resolution needed for the Earth Receive Time.

The same modification would have to be done for the green books but I have doubts that this would justify a new issue of these books and therefore I have not touched them.

Kind Regards, Martin

_______________________
Martin Götzelmann
Principal Consultant Technology

VEGA Space GmbH
Europaplatz 5
64293 Darmstadt
Germany
Tel        : +49 (0)6151 8257-147
Fax       : +49 (0)6151 8257-799
Email   : martin.goetzelmann at vega.de
Web     : www.vega.de

Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB 89231
Managing Directors/Geschäftsführer: Sigmar Keller, John Lewis

Notice of Confidentiality
This transmission is intended for the named addressee only. It contains information which may be confidential and which may also be privileged.  Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately.