[Css-csts] RE: CSTS - Buffered Data Delivery Procedure - New Version

Fred Brosi Fred.Brosi at gst.com
Tue Oct 25 16:31:24 EDT 2011

Yves,

Thank you for the updated BDD section of the CSTS Framework. I just now
received your message that the latest draft of the Framework is on CWE.
I'll provide detailed comments in the Word document, but here are a few
initial comments on BDD:

1. The terms "Service Production Data Unit" (SPDU) and "Service
Production Event Notification" (SPDN) should be introduced near the
beginning of the section, since they are used in the figures and, a few
pages later, in the text.

2.  In 4.5.3.3.15, I'm not sure that the handling of the
sequence-counter is correct.
   a) Use of the sequence counter is defined in 3.9.2.4 Maybe we should
just reference that section.

   b) It's not clear (to me) whether we are describing a
service-instance-specific 'variable', whose value is placed into a
sequence-counter parameter of a TransferDataInvocation, vs. that
parameter, itself. Does it make sense to talk of incrementing a value in
a data unit (a 'new' TransferDataInvocation)?

3.  In 4.5.3.3.17.7, the words "and the Transfer Buffer does not contain
an 'end of data' notification" have been deleted. Does this mean that
the last group of data items (those in the Transfer Buffer) and the
'end-of-data' will not be delivered to the user?

I look forward to seeing you in Boulder!

Best regards,

Fred

-=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=- -=-
-=- -=-

Weather forecast:

Wednesday: Snow. Steady temperature around 31. Northeast wind between 3
and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to
5 inches possible.

Wednesday Night: A 30 percent chance of snow, mainly before 9pm. Partly
cloudy, with a low around 13. Northwest wind between 3 and 8 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 41. West southwest wind between 4 and
7 mph becoming calm.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 48.

Friday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 26.

Saturday: Sunny, with a high near 55.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 33.

Sunday: Sunny, with a high near 54.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 30.