[Css-csts] User state table for "startable" procedures

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Mon Oct 24 14:09:02 EDT 2011

Hi,

I've uploaded state table logic for the User side of "startable" Framework procedures:

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Framework%20and%20Concept/2011_24_October%20Stateful%20Procedure%20User%20State%20Table.doc
The bigger picture:
The Framework spec has state tables for the *Provider* side of all Framework procedures.  A state table for the *User* side of the Association Control procedure was uploaded months ago:

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Framework%20and%20Concept/2011_25_May%20Assoc%20Control%20User%20State%20Table.doc
The Association Control state table covers the Bind/Unbind logic.  Today's upload covers the Start/Stop logic that is the heart of most of the other procedures.  If there is a consensus that it would be better to publish a separate User state table for each Framework procedure (i.e. 8 User state tables instead of 2),  I would be willing to put that together.

The User-side logic for the Data Processing is a superset of today's upload, so it makes sense to add one more User state table to cover this procedure.  Because the Data Processing procedure is still in flux, I would like to hold off on developing this state table.  However, if anyone responds saying "please provide a 'Data Processing' User state table for discussion in Boulder", I will attempt to do so.

Best regards,
Tim