[Css-csts] SLE Orange Book EFCLTU spec typos and missing status value in ASN.1

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Jun 8 13:21:08 EDT 2011

CSTSWG colleagues ---

Russell Johnson of AMERGINT Technologies has identified two typos and
one missing ASN.1 encoding value in the version 7 draft (CCSDS
912.1-O-101.7) of the Orange Book.

1) (Typo) In section 3.2.2.11.1, NOTE 2, "FSP-BIND" should be
"CLTU-BIND".

2) (Typo) In Section 3.4.2.8, "The result parameter shall be specify the
result..."  should be "The result parameter shall specify the result..."

3) (Omission) In the ASN.1 Annex A section A2.5, the definition of
DiagnosticCltuTransferData type does not currently have a value that
corresponds to the 'invalid data size' diagnostic parameter value for
the CLTU-TRANSFER-DATA negative result return called out in section
3.6.2.13.1 (i). The proposed correction is to add "invalidDataSize  (8)"
to the DiagnosticCltuTransferData CHOICE, so that it reads:

DiagnosticCltuTransferData ::= CHOICE
{ common [0]            Diagnostics
, specific [1]          INTEGER
  { unableToProcess       (0)
  , unableToStore         (1)
  , outOfSequence         (2)
  , inconsistentTimeRange (3)
  , invalidTime           (4)
  , lateSldu              (5)
  , invalidDelayTime      (6)
  , cltuError             (7)
  , invalidDataSize       (8)
  }
}"

Subsequent to Russell's email to me, I found another "FSP" typo in
paragraph 3.3.1.2 ("FSP-UNBIND" should be "CLTU-UNBIND").

A DRAFT-watermarked PDF draft version 8 of the Orange Book containing
these corrections has been uploaded to the CWE at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/Draft%20Documents/Enhanced%20FCLT
U%20Orange%20Book%20drafts/EnhancedFCLTU-912_1-O-101_8-watermark.pdf

Unless any objections are raised with these changes (or further
corrections are identified), this draft version will be the one proposed
to CCSDS for promotion to formal Orange Book status once JPL has
finished the prototype test report.

NOTE - the typos in sections 3.2.2.11.1, 3.3.1.2, and 3.4.2.8 also occur
in FCLTU-B-3. I have notified Wolfgang of them so that he can start (or
add them to) an errata sheet of editorial corrections for FCLTU-B-3.