[Css-csts] RE: please help

Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int Margherita.di.Giulio at esa.int
Thu Dec 15 05:59:40 EST 2011

Dear Tim and All,
let me try to recap the sequence of steps and the relevant schedule:

1) the updated CSTS Spec. Framework, containing the Return Services ONLY
shall be ready by end February. Yves is confident that he will mange to
include all the latest changes ( dual-object-identifier etc) and complete
the Book by that time. This will be submitted to the Secretariat for being
published as Red-2.

2) at this time, the enhancement to  the CSTS prototype can start (the
framework prototype with the dummy services). We will continue the work as
before, i.e. ESA enhancing the Provider side and NASA the User side. I
assume (I hope) that most of the work can be carried our during the
March/April time frame, such that at the Spring Meeting in Darmstadt some
interoperability tests can be run . I know that the schedule is tight, but
we should make all efforts  in order to start the engineering work as soon
as the CSTS Framework is available. For Tim: is this feasible on your
side?

3) in parallel the MD Service Book shall be updated. John has highlighted
the chapters that will be affected. For John: would you be available for
updating the book in the a.m time frame (I mean, as soon as  the CSTS SF
Book is deemed to be complete and is sent to Secretariat)? How long do you
estimate that this task will take?

4)   when the MD Service Book is finalised, the enhancement to the MD
Service Prototype can start.

Obviously, the two books  (Framework and MD Service) will further evolve,
due the the upcoming Review of the Red-2 version. However, I think that we
shall not wait until the Review is complete, as this  will take quite some
time.
Actually, I am convinced that the "enhancement" of Prototypes will provide
some important feedback during the review process.
Further changes  will/may be required to the prototype after the Review is
completed. But this we will tackle when the time comes.

Kind regards,
Margherita

Margherita di Giulio
Ground Station Back-end Section (HSO-GIB)
European Space Agency ESA/ESOC
Robert-Bosch-Str. 5
D-64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Tel: +49-6151-902779