[Css-csts] Updated CSTS Guidelines on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Oct 19 15:12:20 EDT 2010

CSTSWG colleagues ---

An updated CSTS Guidelines draft is available on the CWE at:

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Guidelines/C
STSGuidelines_R-0.8.doc

or http://tinyurl.com/CSTSGuidelines-R-0-8

This version:

-    Incorporates review comments from Portsmouth meeting

-    Moves ASN.1-specific material to the back and groups it in special
sections dealing with specification of the Object Identifier Module and
Extension modules

-    Clarifies refinement of procedures vs. extension

I've spent a fair amount of time trying to lay out what needs to go into
the Object Identifier module annex and PDUs module annexes for extended
procedures. I believe that this version shows progress with respect the
Portsmouth version, although working through this version raised a
number of new issues, which are marked by comments in the document. I
hope that we can discuss these issues next week.

I had planned (and still plan) to use Yves' extended example service
specification as the informative example in the back of the book.
However, I've not had time to read Yves' latest version and try to merge
it into this book. Given that the meeting is next week, I think that it
is better to get this "mostly complete" version to you with a few days
to read it, rather than working on it right up to the start of the
meeting. I intend to read Yves' material before next week and come to
the meeting prepared to start merging it into the Guidelines.