[Css-csts] EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE Possible redefinitions

Yves.Doat at esa.int Yves.Doat at esa.int
Wed Nov 3 07:17:46 EST 2010

Dear John,

1) We can extend the AbstractChoice to emcompass a VisbleString, e.g.
AbstractChoice                ::=   CHOICE
{     opaqueString            [0]   OCTET STRING
,     text                    [1]   VisibleString
,     extendedData            [2]   EMBEDDED PDV
}
That definition would be more flexible to support the statement "It shall be
possible to use the procedure as is".

2) Link between identifier and qualifier values.
The link cannot be enforced by the syntax. i.e. the syntax does not prevent
to use of a value for the identifier and an incorrect value for the
qualifier. I do no see how to solve that.
We have to build the link by requirements, e.g.
   The 'reset' identifier shall be used with a qualifier identifying the
   data-sequence-counter.
   The 'reset' identifier shall use a visible string format.
   The data-sequence-counter shall be defined as an extension of the
   parameter directiveQualifier of the  EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE operation
   supporting an integer.

3) Link between the identifier type and the qualifier type.
I don't think we want to force a link between the type of the identifier and
the type of the qualifier (e.g. if the identifier is of VisibleString type,
the qualifier may be extended for an integer).

4) Possible alternative syntax:
ExecuteDirectiveInvocation          ::=   SEQUENCE
{     standardInvocationHeader      StandardInvocationHeader
,     directiveIdentifier           AbstractChoice
,     directiveQualifier            CHOICE
      {           octetString       [0] OCTET STRING
      ,           namedList         [1] SEQUENCE OF
                  {     name        PublishedName
                  ,     value       TypeAndValue
                  }
      ,           null              [2] NULL
      ,           extended          [3] EMBEDDED PDV
      }
,     extensionParameter            Extended
}
This syntax fulfil the requirement: use as is.

5) EMBEDDED PDV.
I agree with you and I will raise a RID to cover that comment: NASA-JVP-74.

We could further discuss and close that particular issue on the 16.11. Would
that be Ok for you?
If yes would anybody else be interested to join?

Best regards
Yves.