[Css-csts] EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE Possible redefinitions

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 2 10:28:56 EST 2010

Dear Yves,

I like option #1 because I can understand what is needed.

Do you think it might make sense to modify our AbstractType to add a third choice as follows?  I'm thinking that this may not be the only situation in which the 'user' of AbstractType will want the option of 'unused'.

AbstractType                        ::=        CHOICE
{                    unused                                                             NULL
,                     opaqueString                OCTET STRING
,        extendedData                EMBEDDED PDV
}

Or, create two classes of AbstractType as follows:

MandatoryAbstractType                        ::=        CHOICE
{
                     opaqueString                OCTET STRING
,        extendedData                EMBEDDED PDV
}

OptionalAbstractType                        ::=        CHOICE
{                    unused                                                             NULL
,                     opaqueString                OCTET STRING
,        extendedData                EMBEDDED PDV
}

Best regards,
Tim