[Css-csts] more Framework spec issues (prime)

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Wed Mar 24 13:49:57 EST 2010

Hello all,
Here are a few more questions/issues regarding the Framework specification.

1.      Suppose a user starts a prime BDD procedure followed by a start-invocation for the UDD procedure indicating that it is also the prime procedure.  What is the provider response?  (Currently, I think the specification results in the provider accepting both 'prime' procedures, but I don't think that is what we want).

2.      Suppose a service starts a prime BDD procedure, then a non-prime BDD procedure, then stops the prime BDD procedure.  Does the 'stop' of the prime BDD procedure cause all other instances of BDD to be stopped or terminated?   Currently, I think the specification results in the prime BDD being stopped (and the non-prime BDD continues running) and the service-state switches from 'active' to 'ready'.  It doesn't quite seem right to say the service is 'ready' (i.e. not 'active') if lots of data is being transferred.

3.      Suppose a service starts a prime BDD procedure, then a non-prime UDD procedure, then stops the prime BDD procedure.  Does the 'stop' of the prime BDD procedure cause the UDD procedure to be stopped or terminated?
The current definition of 'prime' procedure may be potentially troublesome.  If I have time I will try to explain in more detail.  Basically, the problem is that once the prime procedure instance is stopped, that none of the other active procedure instances can become the prime.
Best regards,
Tim