[Css-csts] RE: Ambiguous issues regarding the MD-CSTS

Martin Götzelmann martin.goetzelmann at vega.de
Sun Jul 18 12:10:50 EDT 2010

Dear John,

My comments were only hand-written and I no longer have that copy. Therefore the response below is a sort of "reconstruction" with no guarantee that it conforms to my original comments. I do not think that we returned to the two topics in Portsmouth.

Note 3 under section 2.2.2:
I believe that it would be beneficial if the format (syntax) of the fully qualified name would be defined in the MD CSTS because this would enable the development of SW that can parse the name and can look it up in some table. If this definition is left to the definition of the parameters and if the syntax differs for different parameter sets, then special SW may have to be written for each variant.

Section 4.6.3
I beleive my question was whether we really want to mandate definition of a default set or not rather allow scenarios (service agreements) where a specific set must always be selected by the user.

Regards, Martin