[Css-csts] Sequence Counter in Transfer-Data-Invocation

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Thu Aug 19 17:22:30 EDT 2010

Hello all,

If multiple concurrent procedures are all using the Transfer-Data operation, what is the prescribed behavior of the sequence-counter field within the Transfer-Data-Invocation?  Here are 2 possible behaviors:

Behavior #1:  Within each procedure-instance the sequence-counter starts at 1 and increases monotonically.

Behavior #2:  The sequence-number of the first Transfer-Data-Invocation is 1.  For each Transfer-Data-Invocation that follows, the sequence-number shall increase monotonically (regardless of the source procedure-instance).

Our intention is clear (see the note after 3.9.2.4.2).  But as the implementer of the User side, I'm not sure whether to check for continuity at the Procedure level (behavior #1) or the Operation level (behavior #2).

Best regards,
Tim