[Css-csts] Inter-operability test results posted

Martin Götzelmann martin.goetzelmann at vega.de
Mon Apr 26 12:06:08 EDT 2010

Dear Tim,

One more (minor) comment from me related to test 4e):

The implementation on the provider side is obviously not correct, but I feel the distinction between the two diagnostic codes in the specification framework is rather subtle. I must admit that I recognised it only after reading the definition several times and had already started with the statement that they are not unambiguous. The definitions are:

'invalid time'- the BIND operation was invoked outside the service instance provision period of the service instance identified by the service-instance-identifier parameter;

'service instance ended'-the BIND operation was invoked after the Service User unbound the association with reason 'end' (see 3.5.2.3.2) and as a consequence the Service Provider released all service instance resources.

I understand this to say that the code 'service instance ended' must only be used if the service instance provision period has terminated due to the fact that a previous UNBIND invocation had the parameter unbind reason set to "end" whereas 'invalid time' shall be used when the provision period has expired. An interesting question is what code should be used if the service instance was terminated by UNBIND with 'end' but the original service instance provision period also terminated before the new BIND invocation. I assume 'invalid time' would take precedence in that case.

The code 'service instance ended' was not present in the SLE specifications and I think we should discuss next week whether we want to keep it of simply extent the definition of 'invalid time' by something like "... or the Service User unbound the association with reason 'end'

Regards, Martin