[Css-csts] Interim inter-operability test results

Martin Götzelmann martin.goetzelmann at vega.de
Wed Apr 14 03:53:01 EDT 2010

Dear Tim,

It is good to hear that the interoperability tests are progressing well. Just one remark from my side concerning test 5.e.

In clause 3.4.2.5, NOTE 3  the Framework Specification says: "The responder-port-identifier parameter is included in the BIND invocation to support its possible use by particular kinds of gateways."

This has been adopted from the SLE specifications and in my understanding means that a provider is not supposed to verify that user has called the correct address - this information might however be required if the request were routed through a gateway or other intermediary such as a security device in order to route the request to the provider the user wanted to reach. In that case the gateway would have to report an unknown responder port to the user with the indicated diagnostic.

Because of this, the provider side prototype does not check this parameter - the ESA SLE API implementation does not check that parameter either.

Kind Regards, Martin