[Css-csts] Procedure instance number of Association Control procedure?

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Sep 23 10:58:20 EDT 2009

Yves,
I agree with assigning "1" to the procedure instance identifier for the
Association Control (AC) procedure. However, I don't think that it is
necessary to declare the AC procedure to be secondary, and in fact it
seems strange to me to consider the Association Control procedure -
which MUST exist and be executing before and after even the prime
procedure - to be a "secondary" procedure.

Saying that secondary procedures must be numbered beginning with "1"
does not imply that a procedure with instance number 1 must be a
secondary procedure. I think that we can just state that the instance
number must be "1", but not declare the AC procedure to be a secondary
procedure. I think the text that already exists in the Framework does a
good job of distinguishing the AC procedure from the prime and secondary
procedures.