[Css-csts] MD-CSTS W-0.8 on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Thu Sep 3 16:07:14 EDT 2009

Francois,

The situation is even stranger than I thought. I tried to copy and paste your second through sixth comments into this reply, but Outlook refused to copy it over. I also tried to paste the comments into a Word document, and that didn't work either. Finally, I was able to paste the comments into a Wordpad document, and copy them from there to this message>

Once again, we can thank Microsoft for turning an ordinary task into an intellectual challenge.

Anyway, here are my responses to your last five comments:

2- Section 4, Figure 2 : Baseline Functional Groups and Their Associated Functional Resources : In the box "forward TC VC Data insertion Functional group"  we should find the box "FSP TS Provider" instead of "FCLTU TS Provider"

>> The figure has been corrected.

3- Section 4, Figure 3 : Baseline Functional Resources and Their Associated Functional Resources : On the forward link, the box "FCLTU TS Provider" is duplicated. The box "FSP TS provider" is missing.

>> The figure has been corrected.

4- Table A-6. Event Types for the Forward Space Link Symbol Stream Functional Resource : Why 'production interrupted' and 'production configured' are not they present in this table ?

>> 'production interrupted' and 'production configured' have been added to the table. However, 'transfer service bound', 'transfer service active', and 'transfer service unbound' are not appropriate for the symbol stream and have been removed from the table.

5- Table A1-3. Monitored Parameter Types for the Return Space Link Subcarrier Functional Resource : should be "Table A-13"

>> The table number has been corrected.

6- Section A14.8 :"The standard notifiable event types 'production configured', 'production interrupted', production halted', 'production operational', transfer service bound', transfer service active', and 'transfer service unbound' are associated with all SLE transfer service provider functional resources".  The 2 events 'production configured' and 'production operational' don't exist in the SLE return functional group.

>> The four production status events actually are listed for the RAF and FCF transfer service provider functional resources (tables A-18 and A-20). They weren't in the FCLTU events list, but that has been fixed (see above).

I have posted Revision 1 of the technical note, which contains the above corrections, to the CWE at URL

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%20using%20Toolkit/MonitoredDataCSTS/BaselineFunctionalResourcesForMD-CSTS-R1.doc