[Css-csts] RE: Action Item #01-0809

Cyril THOMAS cyril.thomas at c-s.fr
Wed Oct 14 04:38:58 EDT 2009

 Dear CSTSWG collegues,

I'm currently specifying the Monitored Data Service prototype for CNES and
one question came up while re-reading the Procedure definition
Recommendation : for the Unbuffered Data Delivery we specify
"This procedure can be used to accomplish the transfer of data from the
Service Provider to the Service User in a 'best effort' manner, i.e., data
are delivered as soon as generated if possible and are discarded
individually in case of communications link congestion"
In the case of data discarding for the UDD nothing is foreseen in the
specification to notify the User that data was discarded (in the case of the
buffered data delivery a notification is sent).
Is this behavior correct for the Unbuffered Data Delivery Procedure ?

Best Regards,
Cyril.