[Css-csts] Correct CSTSFW documentation tree material on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Aug 18 16:44:12 EDT 2009

CSTSWG colleagues ---

 I have just posted the correct version of my proposed rewrite of the
Documentation Tree section (1.5.2) to the CWE at URL

http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/CSTS%20Framework%20
and%20Concept/CSTS%20Documentation%20Tree-jvp-2.doc

also http://tinyurl.com/Doc-Tree-jvp-2

My apologies for posting a not-quite-final version to the CWE. There is
not much difference between this version and the one that I had posted
previously. The most significant change is the deletion of the
(previous) second paragraph, which addressed SLE. In this proposed
rewrite, the SLE services are addressed in the same way as the other
documents in the diagram - as a bulleted item (d).

The primary purpose of the rewrite is to remove some of the ambiguity
between what are "proper" CSTS documents and what are related Cross
Support Service documents. In the process, I found two discrepancies
between the diagram and the bulleted list (which are corrected), and
cleaned up a few typos.

Note that in this proposed rewrite, the sentence "The conversion of SLE
Transfer Services to CSTSes is feasible but not mandated by the
Recommended Standard" has been deleted from this section. As I stated in
today's telecon, I don't think that type of declaration is appropriate
to the section describing the document tree. Perhaps the following
statement could be added to the APPLICABILITY OF THIS RECOMMENDED
STANDARD section: "The replacement of SLE Transfer Services by CSTSes is
feasible but not mandated by the Recommended Standard."

John Pietras

GST, Inc.

7855 Walker Drive, Suite 200

Greenbelt, MD 20770