[Css-csts] Procedure identification (new idea)

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-5830) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Tue Aug 18 10:25:33 EDT 2009

Dear WG members,

I find our current method of identifying procedures to be more complex than necessary (for example, the second instance of the Primary procedure is instance #1, while the second instance of Secondary procedures is instance #2).  May I suggest this new mechanism?

3.3.2.5.3  Prime/Secondary
This field shall be set to 'prime' if the procedure-type is the prime procedure for the service that is currently being run; otherwise, it shall be set to 'secondary'.

3.3.2.5.4  Procedure Instance Id
This field shall indicate the particular instance of the procedure-type; for the first instance of each procedure type this field shall be set to 1, for the second instance of each procedure type this field shall be set to 2, etc.

Best regards,
Tim