[Css-csts] A#03-0609

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Mon Aug 10 14:42:01 EDT 2009

CSTSWG colleagues ---

At the June telecon, we discussed Procedure versioning in the context of
the Concept Green Book. Our preliminary conclusion was that procedure
versioning would be handled as follows:

1.	When a service adopts a procedure from the Framework or from
another service, it reuses the source version of the procedure and does
not have to create a version number. In that case the "version" row of
the table C-1 would be left empty.
2.	When a service derives a procedure from the Framework or from
another service, it defines the version number of the procedures and the
source (where is it derived from).

 I took the action (#03-0609) to review the impacts (if any) of this
decision on the Guidelines. I have since looked at the Guidelines and
identified where changes will have to be made to reflect this new
versioning concept. It is my belief that there will be no problems with
adopting this approach to versioning and incorporating it into the
guidelines.

John Pietras

GST, Inc.

7855 Walker Drive, Suite 200