[Css-csts] "reset" of Data Processing procedure

Ray, Timothy J. (GSFC-583.0) timothy.j.ray at nasa.gov
Thu Mar 27 16:12:27 EST 2008

Dear WG members,

In trying to modify the specification of the Data Processing procedure
to include the "reset" mechanism that we agreed to in Crystal City, I
came up against a possible constraint.  Recall that our plan is to use
an EXECUTE-DIRECIVE operation because it provides the 3-way mechanism
that is needed (see section 5.10 of the meeting minutes for details).
But the EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE has a semantic that may not be appropriate
(the following text is copied from our Procedures Definition
recommendation):

1.1.1.1        The user shall invoke the EXECUTE-DIRECTIVE operation in
order to cause the provider to forward to Complex Management an event
that requires management action.

Any opinions on this matter?

Best regards,

Tim Ray