[Css-csts] Comments about the Association Control state table

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Mar 26 14:39:11 EST 2008

I have two comments about the effects of the service instance provision
period on the Association Control procedure state table.

First, in the v0.12 Procedures Definition version of the state table,
for the Incoming Event 'start of service instance provision period', the
action is listed as [ignore] when the provider is in the 'unbound'
state. It is my understanding that the service instance and its
Association Control procedure instance do not exist until the start of
the service instance procedure period, so that the procedure and service
cannot even *be* in the unbound state in order to ignore the event. I'm
not sure how this could be represented in the state table. Perhaps the
"[ignore}" can be changed to "Not applicable", accompanied by a note
along the lines of "The 'start of service instance provision period'
initiates the service instance and Association Control procedure and
places them in the 'bound' state".

Second, for the Incoming Event 'end of service instance provision
period', the action is again listed as [ignore] when the provider is in
the 'unbound' state. It's my understanding that when the service
instance provision period ends the service instance and the Association
Control procedure terminate. I believe that "[ignore]" should be
replaced by "-> terminate".

Please provide comments on my comments. Is my understanding correct, and
if so do my suggestions make sense?

John Pietras
Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST)
7855 Walker Drive