[Css-csts] Updated Guidelines on CWE

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Apr 8 14:46:30 EDT 2008

Members of the CSTSWG ---
I have uploaded the latest draft of the CSTS Guidelines
(CSTS Guidelines_W-0.04-080408.doc) to the CWE > Cross Support Services
Area (CSS) > Documents > CSS-CSTS > CWE Private > Future Services using
Toolkit folder at URL
http://cwe.ccsds.org/css/docs/CSS-CSTS/CWE%20Private/Future%20Services%2
0using%20Toolkit/CSTS%20Guidelines_W-0.04-080408.doc

This update is organized along the lines that we discussed at the
Crystal City meeting. Specifically:
- section 3 delineates the rules for deriving CSTSes;
- section 4 defines the form and content of a specification for a CSTS
that directly-adopts its procedures from the Framework;
- section 5 defines the form and content of a specification for a CSTS
that derives one or more of its procedures from the Framework
procedures;
- section 6 defines the form and content of a specification for a CSTS
that constructs one or more of its procedures from operations defined
the Framework; and
- section 7 defines the form and content of a specification for a CSTS
that is derived from an existing CSTS.

There are still some "to be specified" sections in the informative
parts, notably section 2, the Overview section. But I wanted to get this
out for review to see if the approach in (and content of) the Normative
part is satisfactory, or what changes needs to be made.

There are still some issues about certain aspects, in particular the
definition and use of operation version numbers. I've written a few
emails on this topic, and once those questions have been resolved I can
apply them to the next update.

I don't recall that we set a schedule for a next CSTSWG telecon. If and
when we do have one, I suggest that the Guidelines be a topic of
discussion.

John Pietras
Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST)
7855 Walker Drive