[Css-csts] CSTS Guidelines Notes

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Wed Jan 10 16:55:20 EST 2007

Fellow members of the CSTSWG -

Attached is a beginning set of guidelines for the creation of CCSDS
Cross Support Transfer Services, based on the procedures and operations
defined in the CSTS Toolkit. These guidelines are based on written
material in various CSTSWG documents and meeting notes, from
conversations with several members of CSTS, and in some cases, on my
personal extrapolation to cover details for which I haven't been able to
find source material otherwise. I may have misunderstood material that
has been written or discussed with me, or I may have "invented" aspects
for which the CSTSWG had determined a different answer that I failed to
discover. In some cases, I have not proposed solutions, but rather
stated what I see to be open issues (possibly accompanied by some
options). I apologize if I have written something here contrary to
established intentions of the CSTSWG. I hope that we will be able to use
this set of notes as a documentation "home" for these details and others
that we will develop. Once the correct details have been decided, the
(updated) material in this set of notes can be reformatted into the
appropriate CCSDS document (e.g., as a Green Book or a section of the
Toolkit specification).

Looking forward to seeing you next week.

John Pietras
Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST)
7855 Walker Drive
Suite 200