[Css-csts] Structure of Procedure Definitions

Tim Ray tim.ray at nasa.gov
Fri Feb 23 10:17:21 EST 2007

Dear Yves (and other WG members),

The meeting minutes from Colorado Springs show our standard outline for
Procedure Definitions (section 6.2 of the minutes).   The outline includes a
section for Behavior that we have defined as follows:

2.Behavior

2.1 Activities

2.x at least one per activity + others as required

2.final = Releasing Association

In specifying the Data Processing procedure, I am finding it useful to
include a section under Behavior that specifies the initial state of the
procedure (immediately after an association is established).  May I suggest
that we consider inserting this section in all procedure definitions?  The
resulting outline might look like this:

            2. Behavior

            2.1 Activities

            2.2 Establishing Association        THIS IS THE NEW SECTION

            2.x at least one per activity + others as required

            2.final = Releasing Association

Side note (of lesser importance):  A more descriptive name for the 2.final
section might be "When association is released"; an analogous name for the
proposed new section is "When association is established".

Best regards,

Tim Ray

NASA/Goddard