[Css-csts] new draft DIRECTIVE operation and THROW-EVENT procedure specifications

John Pietras john.pietras at gst.com
Tue Dec 19 15:23:30 EST 2006

Members of the CSTSWG -
I have just uploaded the document
CSTS DirectiveOpAndTHROW-EVENTProc-061219.doc to the
CWE/CSTSWG/Documents/SLE Toolkit Procedures folder at

http://public.ccsds.org/sites/cwe/csts/Documents.aspx?RootFolder=%2fsite
s%2fcwe%2fcsts%2fPrivate%2fSLE%20Toolkit%20Procedures&View=%7bB248CE81%2
dCB1C%2d4836%2d852B%2d038FD1F0510A%7d

This document contains drafts of the DIRECTIVE operation and the
THROW-EVENT procedure, both of which were absent from the November
version of the "Procedures Definition for Cross Support Transfer
Services - Draft" document. These sections have the section numbers that
were assigned to them in the Procedures Definition document (4.12 for
the DIRECTIVE operation, and 6.6 for THROW-EVENT).

I realize that both the THROW-EVENT and the COP-DIRECTIVE procedures
share the DIRECTIVE operation, and I might have presumed too much to try
to define the common operation. But this will give us the chance to see
how much Wolfgang and I agree or differ in our ideas on this operation.

In any case, as I have structured it, the THROW-EVENT procedure does not
seem to add much to the DIRECTIVE operation, other than wrapping a
procedure around that single operation. If I have misunderstood the
relationship between these to entities, I trust that one or more of you
will tell me.

I have also spread comments and questions throughout the document, in
the form of MS Word markup.

John Pietras
Global Science & Technology, Inc. (GST)
7855 Walker Drive