[Css-csts] Comments on SLE Toolkit Commonality Analysis Technical Note

Yasunori Iwana iwana.yasunori at jaxa.jp
Sun Feb 6 21:01:53 EST 2005

Dear Mr.Doat,

following are the comments on the 'SLE Toolkit Commonality Analysis
Technical Note'.

No.1: page 16, 18: 'first-dataitem-identification and
dataitem-identification'
The readers can not easily know whether 'identification' infers data
sequence or data type.
I prefer 'first-data(or dataitems)-sequence' and 'data(or
dataitems)-sequence'.

No.2: page 18: 'Ealiest-service-time and Latest-service-time'
I think it is difficult to estimate the time of process completion and
it is much easier
to specify the process start time than to specify the production time.
(I presume a 'production' is a successfully completed 'process'.)
I prefer 'ealiest-data-process-start-time' and
'latest-data-process-start-time'.

No.3: page 21, 24: 'service-start-time and service-stop-time'
The proposed parameter names 'service-start-time' and the
'service-stop-time' may
mislead the readers to imagine the start and stop times of service
duration.
I prefer 'data-process-start-time' and 'data-production-time'.
(I presume a 'production' is a successfully completed 'process'.)

No.4: page 21: 'number-of-dataitems-radiated'
Is it true that the Generic Forwarad Service is always accompanied with
radiation?
I prefer 'number-of data-ok' or 'number-of-dataitems-ok' to
'number-of-dataitems-radiated'.

No.5: page 25: 'THROW-EVENT'
I think the THROW-EVENT operation is needed for Generic Return Service
also.
For example, the Ranging Service is almost a kind of Return Service but
it is accompanied
with uplinking and the moduration, and it has some similarities to the
Forward Service on
configuration setting.

No.6: page 25, 27, 84, 86: 'THROW-EVENT and INVOKE-DIRECTIVE'
It seemes to me that the THROW-EVENT and the INVOKE-DIRECTIVE operations

have something in common. Is not it possible to unite these two
operations into one generic
operation?
(e.g. THROW-EVENT-OR-DIRECTIVE)

No.7: page 80: 'TRANSFER-DATA'
The Return Service’s TRANSFER-DATA is an unconfirmed operation, on the
other hand,
the Forward Service’s TRANSFER-DATA is a confirmed operation, so, it is
difficult to unite
them and I think we had better split the TRANSFER-DATA into two
different operations;
the RETURN-TRANSFER-DATA and the FORWARD-TRANSFER-DATA .

No. 8:  page 89, 90: 'State Transition Tables'
We need two different State Transition Tables for Forward Service and
Return Service
respectively. I think it is impossible to unite these two tables into
one table.

Best Regards
Yasunori Iwana
JAXA