[CSS-CLOUD] Review of concept book
Barkley, Erik J (US 343J)
erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Sep 17 18:34:35 EDT 2026
Hello Holger,
I think we are getting very close.
I went through the updates and resolved most the comments that need some sort of resolution.
I like replacing "ranging" with "tracking" in the scope statement.
For all the figure that are in the PowerPoint file I think that should probably do as far having .svg files for the secretariat. We have the one AWS figure which is not a .SVG file. I tried a quick AI conversion approach and that was not the most satisfactory output. There are of course drawing tools out there that I think can make quick work of doing this by hand and then be saved as .svg but that is more time that I have available for this today.
So maybe please take a look at the last few remaining comments and minor update and figure out what to do with the AWS figure and then I think the concept book will be ready to send to the Secretariat.
Best regards,
-Erik
From: Holger Dreihahn <Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int>
Sent: Monday, September 14, 2026 07:36
To: Barkley, Erik J (US 343J) <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>
Cc: CDDS WG <css-cloud at mailman.ccsds.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Review of concept book
Hello Erik,
Thanks a lot for the review.
1. The tables of figures and tables of tables have been added
1. We have a PowerPoint file for all figures of the concept book, that is normally OK: 930x0g-draft-3.pptx<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/spacecomm.sharepoint.com/:p:/r/sites/CSS/Shared*20Documents/CSS-CLOUD/Draft*20Documents/ConceptBook/930x0g-draft-3.pptx?d=w55e7645f37c64e5f9a1088019a84103d&csf=1&web=1&e=ZLaeuL__;JSU!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!LveGT2IcNaCWeQloLLfqLZO9GtntbwBINA2VvwOar5qSDKoFZeeXo1dKd6GAh9FgTN7M2o5sh6g1vQb-JS_T4sOK7WvLIF5zfcvg$>
1. Thanks, I replaced ranging with tracking
1. I like the style. For me, the changes in the document can be accepted, perhaps after checking my last editions?
We should for sure aim to have the Concept Book reviewed internally by the Fall meeting. I tried too respond to most of your comments, can you close them if the answer is acceptable?
Best regards,
Holger
From: Barkley, Erik J (US 343J) <erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov>>
Date: Friday, 11. September 2026 at 23:37
To: Holger Dreihahn <Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int<mailto:Holger.Dreihahn at esa.int>>
Cc: CDDS WG <css-cloud at mailman.ccsds.org<mailto:css-cloud at mailman.ccsds.org>>
Subject: Review of concept book
Hello Holger,
I have completed the AD review of the concept book. Overall, I think it is in quite good shape, but I think a little follow-up will be needed. Here are some general comments:
1. No table of figures found -- either we can generate it or ask the CCSDS Secretariat/tech editor to do so
2. For publication we will need to have a .svg file for each of the figures
3. Revised Scope statement (section 1.2) -- maybe revision is a little more to the point?
4. I have done some light editing here and there in the document -- track changes is turned on
* I tend to lean heavily toward the "CCSDS Terse" style -- please let me know if you think I have gone too far on this
The book was edited in-place and is in the concept book directory: ConceptBook<https://urldefense.us/v3/__https:/spacecomm.sharepoint.com/:f:/r/sites/CSS/Shared*20Documents/CSS-CLOUD/Draft*20Documents/ConceptBook?d=w25038376448f4041ac6d4cd815de05b9&csf=1&web=1&e=u3Rc4i__;JSU!!PvBDto6Hs4WbVuu7!LveGT2IcNaCWeQloLLfqLZO9GtntbwBINA2VvwOar5qSDKoFZeeXo1dKd6GAh9FgTN7M2o5sh6g1vQb-JS_T4sOK7WvLIMWTKAoi$>
Should we aim at having the concept book with the updates ready by the time of the Fall 2026 meetings? If turned around prior to that I should be able to put it in for CESG publication polling very quickly. What do you think?
Best regards,
-Erik
This message is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. It may contain proprietary information and/or protected content. Any unauthorised disclosure, use, retention or dissemination is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately. ESA applies appropriate organisational measures to protect personal data, in case of data privacy queries, please contact the ESA Data Protection Officer (dpo at esa.int<mailto:dpo at esa.int>).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.ccsds.org/pipermail/css-cloud/attachments/20260917/2331068f/attachment.htm>
More information about the CSS-CLOUD
mailing list