[CMC] Cloud Computing Data Delivery Standards -- concept paper and report from the BOF

Barkley, Erik J (US 3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jul 5 23:18:33 UTC 2023

Dear CMC and CESG Colleagues,

At the spring 2023 meetings, you may recall that I reported that the CSS Area Cloud Computing Data Delivery Services BOF had completed its work.  Attached please find the concept paper and report as a result of the work done by the BOF.  By way of brief summary, the paper calls for the creation of a new working group in the CSS Area to develop data format standards for data delivery suitable for cloud computing environments.   I would very much like to get the working group up and running by the Fall meetings.  Accordingly, may I ask that you review the concept paper and provide any comments you may have by August 7?

Best regards,

Erik Barkley
Cross Support Services Area Director
Consultative Committee for Space Data Systems
www.ccsds.org<http://www.ccsds.org/>

+1 818.393.4972