[CMC] Request for SEA Time Management WG Deputy Chair candidates

Shames, Peter M (US 312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 23 17:23:18 UTC 2023

Dear CMC members,

As you are probably aware, Sinda Mejri, who has been the SEA Time Management WG deputy chair, has been proposed as the new SEA Time Management WG Chair, replacing Jon Hamkins.  As a result, we need to request new candidates for the Time Management deputy chair position.  There is one possible candidate that I am aware of, but I wanted to give you, the CMC members, the opportunity to propose candidates to lead this important task.

Having just finished their Time Management Green Book,  this WG is now being re-chartered to create the Blue or Magenta time exchange, time correlation, and time synchronization standards.  I am urging the WG to also consider how to tackle the sorts of “LunaNet PNT” standards needed at the Moon, and at Mars in the future.  They may need to work jointly with the SLS Data Link WGs for signaling and the SIS DTN WG for network layer time management.  They may also need to work with the MOIMS Nav WG for the “P” and “N” parts of the new standard.

As I am sure you are aware, these topics are increasingly important in the multi-mission Lunar and Mars environments, and in the Delay Tolerant Network (DTN) architecture.

Please provide any suitable candidates to the SEA AD, peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov<mailto:peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov>, by 20 September 2023.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Peter