[CMC] Re: [Cesg-all] Results of CMC Polls Closing 6 May 2016

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue May 10 16:06:32 UTC 2016

Dear Jean-Marc,

In order to resolve the issues you raised in these three CMC polls I propose the following set of changes.  The proposed resolution responses are in-line below and the specific revisions to text are inserted in the marked-up review versions that were sent to the CMC.  Please indicate if you agree with these changes.

I think that there are two questions that may require further discussion:

  1.  In CCSDS 313.1-Y-1, SANA Registry Management Policy, sections 3.3.1.3.10 thru 3.3.1.3.15 define all of the requriements for roles.  This is treated as a part of the Contacts Registry, but these are really definitions for Roles.  And there are both Contact and Organization Roles, and these may be extended over time as new types are required.  Were you suggesting that this sub-section on Roles have its own section numbering?
  2.  There is a method defined to synch the IOAG RF Asset and CCSDS Service Site & Aperture registries.  Since the databases are both managed by the SANA their design could share certain common tables between the two databases, which would deal with synchronization.  At some point in the future the two organization could consider merging these two into one, but we thought it best to side-step that for now.  Do you agree?

Once we agree on these proposed changes I will update any figures and send it off to the Secretariat for publication.

Best regards, Peter