[CMC] RE: [Cesg-all] REMINDER - CWE Update Step 2A and 2B

Barkley, Erik J (3970) erik.j.barkley at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Sep 1 00:08:57 UTC 2015

Nestor,

FYI, I have updated the CSS Area portion of the strategic plan as requested.

The changes I have made are as follows:

1)      Based on our earlier discussion with regard to architecture and your desire not to remove it the architecture goal (goal 2) has been edited to include maintenance of the architecture, not just definition.

2)      Goal 4 has been given a revised title which is now Terrestrial Generic File Transfer (addition of the word terrestrial)

3)      the architecture requirements has been moved from in progress to an existing recommendation (i.e. the book has been published)

4)      where document numbers were available I have put those in the system

5)      Removed an editorial sentence which was not really describing an existing recommendation

6)      renamed the Forward Synchronous Encoded Frame to be the Forward Frame Cross Support Transfer Service (as part of future work); a communique for IOAG will be drafted re FSEF vs FF-CSTS

7)      removed the Return Unframed Telemetry recommendation (which CCSDS has indicated it is not pursuing)

8)      added the service control Cross support transfer service recommendation. This is put in as part of future work. I believe that there is sufficient interest in the area to proceed with this work;  at this time I have included it more for the purposes of bookkeeping/discussion.

Please let me know of any questions or comments you may have.

Best regards,

-Erik