[CMC] SEA Sec WG deputy considerations

Shames, Peter M (312B) peter.m.shames at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Nov 6 20:14:39 UTC 2015

Dear CMC members,

There has been a request from the CESG Chair for all WG to consider appointing a deputy for each WG chair.  While this has never been a CCSDS requirement on any WG, the appointment of a  Sec WG deputy chair has been under discussion.  We currently have two candidates: Daniel Fischer (ESA) and Gordon Black (UKSA).   Both are qualified and, as we understand it, both have agency support.   The last Sec WG deputy was from UKSA and our precedent has been to give that agency the opportunity to provide a candidate, which is especially relevant in this case since the UKSA currently has no other leadership roles.

Do any other agencies have candiates that they wish to propose as the SEA Sec WG deputy chair?   Please let me know at your earliest conveneince.  I would like to propose a resolution for the CESG within the next two weeks.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this request.

Regards, Peter

Peter Shames
CCSDS System Engineering Area Director

Jet Propulsion Laboratory, MS 301-490
California Institute of Technology
Pasadena, CA 91109 USA

Telephone: +1 818 354-5740,  Fax: +1 818 393-6871

Internet:  Peter.M.Shames at jpl.nasa.gov

We must recognize the strong and undeniable influence that our language exerts on our ways of thinking and, in fact, delimits the abstract space in which we can formulate - give form to - our thoughts.

Niklaus Wirth