[CMC] Distribution of ARea / WG Chairs / Co-chairs across CCSDS Member Agencies

Nestor.Peccia at esa.int Nestor.Peccia at esa.int
Thu Mar 19 10:58:32 UTC 2015

Dear all,

Please find attached the current distribution of ADs/ DADs/WG
Chairs/WG-Co-Chairs across all the CCSDS member Agencies.

No BOFs / SIGs have been considered. The table has been compiled to the
best of my knowledge and retrieving info from the CWE and consulting with
some WG Chairs (not all). There are probably some mistakes, but it is a
good starting point.

Considering the 6 Areas and 21 current WGs, it means 54 positions

I have realised analysing the table that
We do not have Co-Chairs in 10 WGs
4 WGs are chaired by ADs and DADs (highlighted in Green background)

As CESG Chair, I am not suggesting that the missing Co-Chairs have to be
nominated (this could be related to constrained resources), but I am
asking at least to discuss the issue during next week meetings (Area
plenary and WG meetings).

I also ask the ADs / DADs to bring a consolidated input from the Areas to
the CESG meeting,

A non exhaustive list of questions to consider is:

Is a Co-Chair needed for the WG ?
Why do some WGs in my Area have Chair / Co-Chair ?, and others don't ?
Can we attract additional resources from missing contributing Agencies in
the WG by nominating new C-Chairs ?
etc

Last but not least, please DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS MAIL (every mail gets
distributed ca,. 80 times)

Please, discuss the issue at WG and Area level. Your AD/DAD will then
report the conclusions to the CESG

Thanks in advance for your support

ciao
nestor