[CMC] ISO Affiliation with CCSDS

T. Shigeta shigeta.tsutomu at jaxa.jp
Thu Dec 3 07:46:58 UTC 2015

Dear Afarin-san,

Here is JAXA's initial feedback on your e-mail regarding possible
termination of the ISO/CCSDS affiliation.

Although we do not fully understand the background and strategic context
of the affiliation between CCSDS and ISO, we clearly see the advantage
and significance of the relationship between CCSDS and ISO from an
article of Mr. A. Hook
<http://public.ccsds.org/about/halloffame/adrianhooke.aspx> and the
charter of TC20/SC13
<http://public.ccsds.org/about/ISO_TC20-SC13_charter.aspx>.

Therefore, we basically agree with the opinion and advice stated in the
e-mail dated Dec.2 from the CESG Chair.

If cost issue hinder our affiliation with ISO,
JAXA, as a member of the CMC, should also participate in a discussion on
how best we can cope with this issue. I believe that some approaches
that work well for every CCSDS stakeholder can be found through discussion.

Regards --- Shigeta