[CMC Alert] SANA discussion

Tai, Wallace S (9000) Wallace.S.Tai at jpl.nasa.gov
Mon Aug 27 17:36:03 UTC 2018

All,

I hesitated to join the fray about SANA during the various long discussions taking place recently since, from the CESG perspective, Margherita already stated the SANA use cases clearly. I understand there are still issues to be resolved by the CMC.

After reading Osvaldo’s assessment, I agree with him that the SANA functions are working well. I further agree that there are a few deficiencies in the current SANA data base.

However, we have to recognize that there is "clean-up" work on the Spacecraft registry contents that can only be done by each Agency's AR.  This in fact was the subject of the following SEA resolution:

SEA-R-2018-04-05              Require that each Agency Representative (AR) shall be asked to review the newly imported Mission / Spacecraft from the CCSDS Website and identify overlapping, aliased, missing, and/or retired entries.

And that resolution requires that each Agency HoD assign an AR (or take on that role themselves), which was another SEA resolution:

SEA-R-2018-04-04              Request that each CCSDS Agency and Observer ensure that they have at least one authorized Agency Representative (AR) for managing Agency information in the SANA, and that this information is updated.

Both of these resolutions are part of the set of seven (7) that the CMC has seen fit to put on hold.

Regards,

Wallace