[CMC Alert] CMC-A-2013-04-12

Martin.Pilgram at dlr.de Martin.Pilgram at dlr.de
Thu May 30 03:45:56 EDT 2013

Juan,
thinking about the strategic goal of CCSDS and therefore looking also on the current structure of CCSDS my (DLRs)proposal for CCSDS strategic goal is the following. It covers three areas, not from a technical point but more from a general one, the general goal of CCSDS to support cross support in the communication area, a concrete item, where we should focus on and keeping the developed standards in a good shape.

- CCSDS should develop innovative communication standards, which supports cross support in the satellite operations area.
- In specific CCSDS should standardized Space System Internetworking Services (till 2020?)
- CCSDS should promote and maintain the developed standards for a wider acceptance and implementation in future space projects.

We can go with the goals mentioned on the CCSDS presentation for IOAG on a second level.

Regards
Martin Pilgram