[CMC Alert] FW: Transport on Wednesday

Nick Tongson NickT at aiaa.org
Tue Nov 2 16:11:33 EST 2010

>From Peter Allan:

Options for getting to the meeting room on Wednesday

Since there is a strike on the underground on Wednesday, here are some options for getting to the meeting room at 53 Princes Gate on the east side of Exhibition Road.

The strike does not mean that there will be no service on the underground. All lines except the Circle Line should have some service, although you should expect delays and the service to be less frequent than usual.

If your hotel is close enough to the meeting room, I suggest walking.

The next simplest option is to take a taxi.

If you are staying in the Moran Hotel (or somewhere else near to BSI) here is a bus route:

Walk east from Moran Hotel to Turnham Green Church
Take Bus 27 from Turnham Green Church to Kensington Church
Walk east along Kensington High Street / Kensington Road / Hyde Park Gate to Exhibition Road
Walk South on Exhibition Road
The meeting room is on the left (East) side

My own plan is to try the underground from Gunnersbury if I can and to take the bus or a taxi if that does not work.

Peter Allan