[CMC] RE: CCSDS Charter

Soula Jean-Marc Jean-Marc.Soula at cnes.fr
Thu Mar 27 13:22:54 EST 2014

Bonjour

my clarifications:

MK : " Jean-Marc, if you mean an additional section in the Strategic Plan, then that is compatible with the NASA comments.  If you mean an additional section in the charter, that is not compatible, and we still have conflicting comments.  Can you clarify?"
JMS : "My statement that you quote doesn't specially refer to the charter but to a previous comment refering to the lack of reference to the ERO goals : as it was nowhere, I just said that an additional section would be needed.
Then if you consider my next comment, which is specific to the charter, I believe it says that the charter doesn't need to be changed and that the proposed text should be used elsewhere."

MK: " Jean-Marc, Peter:  Can we agree to leave the charter as is?  Or do we need to discuss it in the upcoming CMC meeting?  In that case we won't have "CMC consolidated comments" to Nestor by his deadline."
JMS : "We may leave the charter as is. We could just comment that those ideas (items 7 and 8) should be developped in another section in the SP, where they better fit to answer the CMC ERO goals."

I hope this answers.

Best regards

Jean-Marc Soula
CNES - DCT/OP/C-STA